Diabetes Type 1 Cause and Natural Remedies for Type 1 Diabetes
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases characterized by high blood sugar (glucose) levels, that result from defects in insulin secretion, or action, or both. Diabetes mellitus, commonly referred to as diabetes (as it will be in this article) was first identified as a disease associated with “sweet urine,” and excessive muscle loss in the ancient world. Elevated levels of blood glucose (hyperglycemia) lead to spillage of glucose into the urine, hence the term sweet urine.
The two major forms of diabetes are type 1, previously called insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) or juvenile-onset diabetes, and type 2, previously called non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) or maturity-onset diabetes.
In type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. Onset is usually in childhood or adolescence. Type 1 diabetes is considered an autoimmune disorder that involves:
1. Beta cells in the pancreas that produce insulin are gradually destroyed. Eventually insulin deficiency is absolute.
2. Without insulin to move glucose into cells, blood glucose levels become excessively high, a condition known as hyperglycemia.
3. Because the body cannot utilize the sugar, it spills over into the urine and is lost.
4. Weakness, weight loss, frequent urination, and excessive hunger and thirst are among the initial symptoms.
5. Patients with type 1 diabetes need to take daily insulin for survival.
Causes of Diabetes
There are several forms of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes used to be called juvenile or insulin-dependent diabetes. Type 1 diabetes can occur at any age, but it is most often diagnosed in children, adolescents, or young adults.
Insulin is a hormone produced by special cells, called beta cells, in the pancreas, an organ located in the area behind your stomach. Insulin is needed to move blood sugar (glucose) into cells, where it is stored and later used for energy. In type 1 diabetes, these cells produce little or no insulin.
Without enough insulin, glucose builds up in the bloodstream instead of going into the cells. The body is unable to use this glucose for energy. This leads to the symptoms of type 1 diabetes.
Within 5 – 10 years, the insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas are completely destroyed and the body can no longer produce insulin.
The exact cause is unknown, but most likely there is a viral or environmental trigger in genetically susceptible people that causes an immune reaction. The body’s white blood cells mistakenly attack the insulin-producing pancreatic beta cells.
Symptoms of Diabetes
1. Feeling tired or fatigued
2. Feeling hungry
3. Being very thirsty
4. Urinating more often
5. Losing weight without trying
6. Having blurry eyesight
7. Losing the feeling or feeling tingling in your feet
Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes
Following are some of the effective home remedies for diabetes:
1. Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning. It is an effective home remedy for diabetes
2. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel. Take this mixture two times a day before lunch and dinner. It is also good diabetes mellitus treatments.
3. Drink a watery juice of a small Bitter Gourd (remove seeds) every morning. It is one of the best home remedies for diabetes.
4. Add 3-table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame, and then strain the mixture. Drink this mixture daily to cure diabetes.
5. Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) twice a day to reduce sugar.
6. Take the juice of crushed fish-berry (amruth) soaked in water for a day first thing in the morning.
Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
1. Prepare a mixture by adding equal quantities of turmeric powder and dried gooseberry powder with honey or drink equal quantities of gooseberry juice and fresh turmeric juice in an empty stomach daily.
2. Eat garlic regularly as it regulates sugar level.
3. Dalchini ((Cinnamonum zeylancium) is also an effective herbal remedies for diabetes.
4. Bitter melon is wonderful herb in treating diabetes mellitus.
Article from articlesbase.com
Find More Diabetes Type 2 Articles