Diabetes Type 2 Natural Treatment
Diabetes Type 2 Natural Treatment
Type 2 diabetes is getting increasingly common in developed countries. Other developing countries are seeing a fast emerging trend of the disease. Diabetes type 2 is caused by insulin deficiency and hyperglycemia. Although this disease is more common in adults over 40, it is increasingly seen in young teenagers and even children. This worrying trend is linked to the rising rates of obesity as well as inactivity.
MAJOR RISK FACTORS FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES
Here are some of the major risk factors for type 2 diabetes:
1) Age – As people age, the chances of getting diabetes type 2 is considerably higher. So for those who are older than 45 years, they are at a higher risk of getting the disease.
2) Overweight – Being overweight is another strong risk factor especially the person is heavier in the center.
3) Genetic factors – Having someone with diabetes in the family puts you at a higher risk.
4) Certain ethnic groups such as such as native americans, african americans, latino americans, pacific islanders and asian individuals who are at higher risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
5) People with high blood pressure and high cholestorol levels are at higher risk for type 2 diabetes.
6) Women at risk – women who have had a big baby of more than 9lbs are at higher risk of having type 2 diabetes. Other risk factors include women who had gestational diabetes, polycystic overian syndrom, irregular menstrual cycles and developing facial hair.
Of all these common risk factors, the most common are those who have family history as well as those who are gaining weight in the middle.
HOW TO CONTROL TYPE 2 DIABETES
Diabetes can be one of the hardest diseases to treat as it does not go away. It is always there with you, day in and day out. It will affect your daily life in what you do and what you eat. You have to be always conscious of your blood sugar as you can’t let it go too high to avoid complications. The next best thing you can do to help yourself is to control the disease.
The main cause of type 2 diabetes is insulin resistance and insulin deficiency. So the first thing you want to do is to help reduce the resistance of insulin. Exercising and losing weight can help reducing resistance to insulin and thus control type 2 diabetes. The other way is using pills which your doctor will recommend to you. However,due to the advance technology as well as rising awareness of using alternative way to treat type 2 diabetes, herbal and natural supplements are increasingly popular.
Here are a few of the natural/alternative herbs which have worked for many diabetics:
1. Bitter melon has long been regarded as the natural cure for diabetes. This fruit is known for its abilities to regulate blood glucose level. In fact, bitter melon is recommended by the Dept of Philippines as one of the best herbal medicines for managing diabetes.
2. Gymnema sylvestre is a herb native to the tropical forests of southern and central India where it has been used as a naturopathic treatment for diabetes for nearly two millennia. This herb has been shown to reduce blood sugar levels when used for an extended period of time. The active ingredient is thought to be gurmenic acid which has structure similar to saccharose. Extracts of Gymnema is not only claimed to curb sweet tooths but also for treatment of as varied problems as hyperglycemia, obesity, high cholesterol levels, anemia and digestion.
3. Cassia (Cinnamomum aromaticum or Chinese cinnamon) is a close relative to cinnamon. In fact, when cinnamon is said to be beneficial for diabetes, it is actually cassia, a less delicate version of the true cinnamon. A 2003 study published in the DiabetesCare journal followed Type 2 diabetics ingesting 1, 3 or 6 grams of cassia daily. Those taking 6 grams shows changes after 20 days, and those taking lesser doses showed changes after 40 days. Regardless of the amount of cassia taken, they reduced their mean fasting serum glucose levels 18–29%, their triglyceride levels 23–30%, their LDL cholesterol 7–27%, and their total cholesterol 12–26%, over others taking placebos. The effects, which may even be produced by brewing a tea from cassia bark, may also be beneficial for non-diabetics to prevent and control elevated glucose and blood lipid levels.
4. Chromium – Starting in the 1960s reports have shown that Chromium helps cells respond properly to naturally produced insulin. Current estimates show that 90% of Americans are lacking in this essential mineral nutrient.
5. Helps to improve circulation in the little capillaries in the hands and feet. Also valuable in balancing the digestion and strengthening the immune system.
6. Mulberry leaves is know to effectively help regulate blood sugar levels. Drink as tea can help to reduce absorption of sugar and carbohydrates. It is also a good source of antioxidants, vitamin C and carotene.
Beside these, there are others less known herbs for controlling diabetes. These herbs when combine together in the right balance can be very powerful in helping you manage diabetes. However, it is important to research on these supplements to ensure they indeed do what they claim. ProvenHealthCare.com provides informative reviews and articles on alternative methods of controlling diabetes.
It is not a doubt that more people are seeking natural and alternative treatments for their conditions. However, with so many choices in the market, choosing the right one for your condition is not easy. ProvenHealthCare.com provide reviews and information on these natural treatments so that you can make an informed decision to choose the best for yourself.
Article from articlesbase.com
Diabetes Type 2 Natural Treatment — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>